999 rounded to the nearest ten
Here you will see step by step solution to round of the 999 to the nearest ten. What is 999 rounded to the nearest ten? 999 rounded to the nearest ten is 1000, check the explanation that how to rounding the 999 to nearest ten.
Answer: Rounded 999 to nearest ten is
How to round 999 to the nearest ten?
To round of the number 999 simply find the digit at ten place, then look to the right digit next to the ten place, if this number is greater than or equal to 5 (5, 6, 7, 8, 9) round up or if number is less then 5 (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) round down ten(9) number. All numbers after the rounded digit becomes zero then rewrite the numbers.
Solution for decimal number 999 to the nearest ten
Given number is => 999
- Number at ten place is = 9 999 = 9
- Now we need to find the digit at the right side of ten place = 9
- 9 is greater than or equal to 5, now we have to increase the ten place digit by 1. =$num?> => 9 + 1 = 10
- Here we have carry 1, we need to add it to the left digit of the ten place.
- Now after rounding digit 10, all numbers at the right side becomes zero, including digit at ten place then rewrite the numbers. Final Conclusion: 1000
Hence, the 999 to the nearest ten is 1000.