981 rounded to the nearest hundred
Here you will see step by step solution to round of the 981 to the nearest hundred. What is 981 rounded to the nearest hundred? 981 rounded to the nearest hundred is 1000, check the explanation that how to rounding the 981 to nearest hundred.
Answer: Rounded 981 to nearest hundred is
How to round 981 to the nearest hundred?
To round of the number 981 simply find the digit at hundred place, then look to the right digit next to the hundred place, if this number is greater than or equal to 5 (5, 6, 7, 8, 9) round up or if number is less then 5 (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) round down hundred(9) number. All numbers after the rounded digit becomes zero then rewrite the numbers.
Solution for decimal number 981 to the nearest hundred
Given number is => 981
- Number at hundred place is = 9 981 = 9
- Now we need to find the digit at the right side of hundred place = 8
- 8 is greater than or equal to 5, now we have to increase the hundred place digit by 1. =$num?> => 9 + 1 = 10
- Here we have carry 1, we need to add it to the left digit of the hundred place.
- Now after rounding digit 10, all numbers at the right side becomes zero, including digit at hundred place then rewrite the numbers. Final Conclusion: 1000
Hence, the 981 to the nearest hundred is 1000.